The Portrait and Its Uses : Exhibition, Tours and Lectures
August 19, 2017 10:00 AM - October 21, 2017 4:00 PM at Wisbech & Fenland Museum
From the portrait of an emperor on a Roman coin to the proliferation of the ‘selfie’. This engaging exhibition, across many enchanting rooms in the Wisbech and Fenland Museum, is not to be missed. The exhibition is free, tours and lectures are £3 per person, in support of the museum.
To reserve a place on the guided tours and lectures, please call 01945 583817 or email email@example.com
Lambert Room, Wisbech and Fenland Museum
- Thursday 24th August, 2pm, Robert Bell: Portraits on coins and medals
- Thursday 31st August, 2pm Aldo Ierubino: Rembrandt and Dutch portraiture
- Thursday 7th September, 2pm Aldo Ierubino: the French Academy and Official Portraiture in the 19th century – portraying Napoleon
- Thursday 14th September, 2pm, St Peter’s Church. Bridget Holmes: Tour of funerary monuments in St Peter’s Church. Focus on effigies and portraiture of leading families in the Wisbech area commemorated in the church from the historical and artistic perspective.
- Thursday 21st September, 2pm, Wisbech County Hall. Roger Powell: Tour of portraits of mayors of Wisbech in the Council Hall Wisbech.
- Thursday 28th September, 2pm, Wisbech and Fenland Museum. Roger Powell: A Portrait of Thomas Clarkson.
For full information please visit http://www.wisbechmuseum.org.uk/